A little help for us down under

Questions you would like answered about the Whisper Motorglider.

A little help for us down under

Postby Brad » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:30 am

Well here I am, I was in SA until a little while ago - then England - and now am in OZ.. I will be staying here now, for the foreseeable future, and as such can think about this project a little more seriously. Would anyone have any idea whatsoever as to whether or not I would be able to build, and licence one of these gems here in oz?? I would also like to know if I can purchase the plans seperately, so I can get on with the time consuming process of fabricating the jigs, and fixtures I will need when building the 'plane.. I figure if I can get a head start on all the bracketry, it will make me believe that it is possible. Also I would have to do the welding at work, and cannot do it all at once, but slowly slowly, so that nobody catches on!! :wink:

Well, this has to be the most exciting project I have encountered, and I hope I can pull it off. Thanks a million guys,

Brad
Brad

Postby whisper » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:20 am

To fly the aircraft in Aus you need a glider pilot licence which is issued by the Gliding Federation and not the CAA.
The aircraft is considered as a homebuilt glider and the rules governing this are at
http://www.gfa.org.au/Docs/mosp3.pdf

see section 8
whisper
Site Admin

Return to Frequently Asked Questions