Express with whisper wings

Questions you would like answered about the Whisper Motorglider.

Express with whisper wings

Postby krgt6 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:37 pm

I have been thinking of building a whisper motorglider for some time, and I’m getting ready to order a basic kit soon (3 or 4 months). and have a question or two. Has anyone flown an express fuselage with whisper motorglider wings or the other way around? If so, how does it fly and what are it’s numbers. If not, is there a reason it would not work? This may be a dumb question, but the way I see it one fuselage with two sets of wings would be good way to go. The next question is for Russell, will you crate a basic kit for shipping? If so, what size is the crate and how much does it weight so I can find out how much shipping is to northwest Colorado USA. Anyone in the US close to ordering in the next six months?
krgt6
krgt6

Two sets of wings

Postby jonimike » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:03 am

Russel,

I was wondering exactly the same thing.

What is the possibility of ordering another set of express wings, and have virtually another aircraft in one?
jonimike

Postby whisper » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:03 pm

The fuselages are identical and yes you can have two sets of wings for one fuselage.
Johan Ackerman and Dave Mandel have done just that.

Shipping overseas is best done in a shared container and crating will be necessary as there will be trans shipments.

Basic kit crate is approx 5.5m by 1.3 by 1.3. Total mass is less than 200kg. Freight calcs will probably be based on volume anyway. The volume of the crate can be further reduced by tapering the crate towards the tail.
whisper
Site Admin

Return to Frequently Asked Questions