Whisper "Fly in" 2007

General chat place.
whisper
Site Admin

FANTASTIC OFFER

Post by whisper » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:16 am

The Lancaster guest house is offering Whisper customers accomodation at R149 pp per night for this weekend. This is half the normal rate and this is during high season!!! This is a luxury guest house 300m from the runway and 200m from the beach. It does'nt get better than this!
They have 3 rooms available - first come first served. Call Estelle on 0422920788 or jmfly@mweb.co.za

3 weeks to go! See you there!

We will try and make as much space available in the hangar for whispers flying in

Please let me know if you're coming

Russell info@whisperaircraft.com

whisper
Site Admin

Post by whisper » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:07 am

so far Johan Nortje and Alf Zimmerman have confirmed....

Johan Nortje

Flyin

Post by Johan Nortje » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:11 am

Due to a lot of flood damage to my home at the Keurboomsriver in Plettenberg Bay, and the bad state of the landing strip at Stanley Island, I will not be able to fly to Plett and therefore not be able to attend the flyin with a Whisper. Maybe I will drive. Sorry guys.

whisper
Site Admin

Post by whisper » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:21 pm

sorry about the damage johan....yes stanley island is not a happy sight..I had a look last week.
Hope to see you by road at least!

whisper
Site Admin

Post by whisper » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:56 pm

At this stage it looks like we'll have rather a quiet "fly in". I guess this is not an ideal time of the year as most folks are starting holidays with the family etc.
However if you get the urge to fly or drive in you're most welcome!! We'll be there the whole weekend.
Alf is doing a conversion on GXW and we'll also be flying GZY which has just been fitted with spoilers. Saturday night we'll have a bring and braai at the field.
Just another gorgeous weekend in paradise......it's tough but somebody has gotta do it!!!

Hope you can join us!

R

ollie

Grounded

Post by ollie » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:26 pm

Sorry I can't be there to join in the fun and convince Peter B he should have got proper wings. Have a great week-end and see you all next time (Shadowlite willing!!!) :cry:

whisper
Site Admin

Post by whisper » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:10 pm

Saturday dawned bright and clear and before we could even get the hangar open the sky was simultaneously filled with the sound of 3 visiting whispers! This was before 07h30!

We then lined up the aircraft and took the pic below which is the largest number of flying whispers we have had together at one time (5).
Next year we will make the fly in at a time other than the xmas holidays which I believe will see more owners attending.

Any suggestions as to a suitable time of the year?

A big thanks to Peter, Warren and Dave for flying in :)
Attachments
fly in.JPG
fly in.JPG (165.79 KiB) Viewed 3790 times